Sunday 30 August 2009

Strawberry cheesecake ( MY 50th POST)


Hurray !!! this is my 50th post. And I still couldn't believe it.. I never knew I would come this far ( I know 50 is not a big deal,because I know few blogs, who post 50 recipes every month
:) )Though I sarted in February , I was actually into blogging regularly only from June. I should admit that, I started my blog just to store all the recipes I cook at one place. I never knew I will be making so many good friends, from around the globe, who I can say "I know them"even if I have not met them....I would love to thanks all my friends, who joined me and who leave sweet and lovely comments, just to appreciate me. It really boosts my confidence and urges me to do more and better next time. Thanks again FRIENDS.
And here is my first ever cheesecake, which I had made 2 days ago. And I never knew, even I can make my favorite cheesecake, until I tasted it. And that too like the store bought ones :)

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE

Ingredients:

For the Biscuit layer:
200 gms of digestive biscuits,
2 tbsp of melted butter,
1 tbsp of Castor sugar.

For the cheese filling:
600 gms of cream cheese,
2 tbsp of Castor sugar,
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp corn starch,
1 cup whipped cream.

For the Strawberry topping:
1-2 cups of fresh strawberries,
2 tbsp of sugar,
1 tbsp of corn starch.

Method:
Butter and line a 23 cm loose-bottomed tin with baking sheet.Put the biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin or powder them coarsely in a food processor. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over the melted butter and sugar and mix well. Now put this mixture into prepared pan and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the base becomes firm and ready to use.
Meanwhile, start making the cheese filling. In a bowl, place the soft cheese, vanilla extract and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Now add the corn starch and beat again. Finally add the whipped cream to it and beat lightly. Now pour this cream mixture to the prepared biscuit base and bake at 350 degrees for for 40-50 mins. Cool the cheesecake at room temperature and on-mould it .
Puree 1 1/2 cup of strawberries with the sugar in a food processor and the sieve. In a pan, bring this strawberry puree to a boil, and add corn starch to it. Cook until the sauce thicken and cool completely before pouring on the cheesecake.
Just before serving , place a slice of the cheesecake on a plate, place some sliced strawberries and pour the strawberry sauce over it.

28 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Congrats dear.....the cake looks so delicious wow....nice pic

Nandinis food said...

Congrats on your 50th post! Cheese cake is exceptional! Awesome!

Faiza Ali said...

Thanks Priti and Nandini :)

Sushma Mallya said...

congraz on ur 50th post faiza....cheese cake looks just yum

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi Faiza. Heartiest Congrats on 50th post. 1st milestone crossed. I am also heading for my 50th suggest me something that I could post, I am also doing some brain storming.

Pari Vasisht said...

Btw The cheese cake looks yum and the pic is very nice.

Padma said...

Congrats on your 50th Post.... cheese cake looks yummm

Vrinda said...

Yummy cheese cake,congrats on ur 50th post...

Sailaja Damodaran said...

congrats....nice recipe to celebrate with

Sarah Naveen said...

Wow!!!! Yummy Yummy...Congrats on the 5oth post

Faiza Ali said...

Thanks Suhma, Pari,Padma, vrinda, Sailaja and Sarah for the sweet comments :)

kittymatti said...

wow! this looks so good! very colourful and well presented!

priya said...

I wud like to gift u an award,dear...plz collect it frm my blog!

chow and chatter said...

your so sweet love the cheesecake keep up the good work lol

dsdsds said...

Congrats on your milestone achievement dear.. Cheese cake looks delish.. Awaiting your entry for my CFK event

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th post Faisa...great recipe to relish

Lebouffe said...

Yummy one.. Congrats! -Naina

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Faiza, strawberry cheescake looks yummy yaar, Keep rocking..

Katy ~ said...

Faiza, your cheesecake looks scrumptious. It is one of my favorites as well. It looks sooo creamy; strawberry topping is a favorite with me as well.

Fifty posts is a quite a milestone! Looking forward to many more delicious posts from you. I am so glad to have made your acquaintance and getting to know you through your food. What a yummy way to make friends!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Fifty posts is fantastic! Keep writing yummy posts like these.

By the way, the cheesecake looks amazing and tantalizing!

Parita said...

Oh wow congrats on your 50th post dear..very well done :) your cheesecake looks yumilicious..perfectly baked :) btw thanks for your email dear..really appreciate it..sorry cudnt reply back, will do asap :)

Yasmeen said...

Yum! Yum!
Congrats and Keep your delicious recipes coming :D

Vijitha said...

Congrats dear!
Yummy cheese cake! I am drooling over the pic :-)

SOUSOUKITCHEN said...

Congrats on your 50th post! nice cheese cake, good idea to celebrate with.

Sanghi said...

Congrats Aysha! Cake looks wonderful!

Sarah Naveen said...

Please collect a gift from my blog!!!

Happy Onam..

Arti agarwal said...

hi dear,nice recipies.I have an award for you,pls go through my blog

Simi Mathew said...

This looks so good and I am sure it tastes equally good. I am going to try this...will keep you posted about it went.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails