Friday 25 December 2009

Roasted Tomato Soup

Here comes another recipe from Kevin's Closet Cooking. A perfect soup for cold winters, I came across on his blog here. I tried to stick to his recipe and and it turned out awesome and very tasty.I served this Yummy soup with toasted bread and Tabbouleh- a perfect and healthy dinner :) I am sending this to Tried and Tested hosted by Hema of Salt to Taste. Tried and Tested is featuring Kevin's Closet Cooking this month.

ROASTED TOMATO SOUP

Ingredients:
4 tomatoes- cut into half,
1 red bell pepper,
1 chopped onion,
2 cloves of garlic-unpeeled,
2 cups of chicken stock or vegetable broth,
1 tsp of chopped Thyme,
1 tbsp of olive oil and
salt and pepper to taste.

Method:
Cut the red bell pepper in two halves , place them on a baking sheet outside up and keep the in a pre heated oven on broil mode and broil for few mintes oruntil the outer skin has become black. Let cool and peel the skin from the peppers and keep aside.
In a baking pan, place the Tomatoes- with the cut side up, garlic and the Onions. Drizzle the olive oil on this and sprinkle the Thyme, salt and pepper powder over the tomatoes. Roast in pre heated oven on 350 F/ 175 C for 0-45 minutes. Now place everything in a saucepan and simmer for 30 more minutes. Puree with a hand blender. Garnish with some crumbled feta cheese and serve hot.

16 comments:

Rahin said...

Faiza, I was looking up for some gud roasted tomato soup recipe, finallly got a tried and tasted one :)

Bergamot said...

I am a big fan of roasted tomatoes and peppers so this sounds really scrumptious

Rekha shoban said...

wow!healthy soupd...i love it

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Faiza
Very nice recipe. I think with thyme it will be real unique flavor.
Have nice festive weekend

Ash said...

Oh! it is very pleasing to my eyes..... & I get that tangy taste looking at it....

Happy Celebrations!!!

Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

priya said...

soup looks so inviting and tempting!...yummy!..perfect for this season!

Nammi said...

Yummm that looks very inviting and comforting soup

Katy ~ said...

I'm saving this to try. We eat a lot of tomato soup (canned!) so it would be so much nicer to have a fresh soup. This sounds very very good!

Uma said...

looks so yummy!! New look of your blog is nice :)

Happy Holidays!!

SOUSOUKITCHEN said...

That's looks yummy, I have never tried it before, I would love to.

Padma said...

Your new template looks nice faiza. Soup looks so nice in color and yummy :)

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Nice idea of making this and new to me

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Hey Faiza, I love tomato flavor, be it with soup or pasta so I liked this recipe. The fact that you roast the tomatoes is sure to endow it with a really exotic flavor.

Have a very happy New Year and wish you all the best.

Gita Jaishankar said...

Wow, what a healthy dinner...soup looks comforting. Happy New Year Dear!

my kitchen said...

Healthy & refreshing one

test it comm said...

The tabbouleh would go perfectly with the soup for a really nice light meal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails