Tuesday 4 August 2009

Club Sandwich ?

Yesterday morning, I was not able to decide what to serve for breakfast. And so....I started searching my refrigerator for some left overs and I found so many things hiding there. There was some hummus, green chutney, half a cucumber, and many other things.... But I was still not able to decide what to make with all these leftovers. Then suddenly club sandwich is what I decided to make.
Club sandwich is a sandwich with 2 layers of fillings between 3 slices of bread(wiki). Actually club sandwich is made with Turkey, But as I didn't have Turkey, I used Chicken Salami slices. So here is what I found in my fridge(Ingredients ) :

Some Hummus(2-3 tbsp),
2-3 tbsp green chutney,
6 slices of bread,
Chicken salami-thinly sliced,
2 cheese slices,
some shredded lettuce,
half cucumber- thinly sliced,
1 tomato-thinly sliced,
pepper powder and
salt to taste.

Method:
Lightly toast the bread slices. spread a layer of hummus on the first slice and place some shredded lettuce, cucumber slices and a cheese slice, sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Now place another toasted slice of bread on top and spread some green chutney, and place the sliced Salami and thinly sliced tomato and sprinkle again with a very little amount of salt and pepper powder to taste. Now place the last slice on the top and cut into quarters. A toothpick or a cocktail stick can be used to hold all the slices together. Serve as it is or with some Salad and chips.

This goes to Divya Vikram's event ''show me your sandwich''.

10 comments:

Sailaja Damodaran said...

iam sure the kids will love this....

Katy ~ said...

Perhaps in the old days a club sandwich was made with turkey, but now it is, as you described, two layers of sandwich separated by an extra slice of bread. I never would have thought of this in a hundred years. You are so clever; this is a terrific way to make good use of little bites. Well done indeed!!

Priya Suresh said...

Send me those sandwich! makes me hungry.

Shaista Tabrez said...

oh wow...nice creation out of leftovers

kittymatti said...

This recipe sounds delicious!! Wish I could grab em!

Faiza Ali said...

sailaja- yup sailaja my son loved it very much.

Katy-Thanks Katy :)

Priya- Sure priya,give me ur address ;)

Thanks Shaista:)

Thanks kittymatti :)

Sanghi said...

Yummmy sandwich!

Chitra said...

nice entry for the event:)looks good!!

Arti agarwal said...

nice sandwich

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me know Faiza. Have included it in the roundup.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails